Last year the raffle basket portion of our Fall Festival was a big success. The kids loved looking at the awesome baskets and excitedly filling out their tickets and PTO made a good deal of money off of them. However, looking at the estimated value of the items that were donated versus how much we made, we felt like we needed to revamp things for this year.
We need your help! We want to make just a few (5-6) really great baskets that represent the local community and our KGA community. We are looking for donations of goods, services or gift certificates in any of the categories listed below. If you have something awesome that’s not on the list, we’d love to include it. Since KGA PTO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, any donations are tax deductible. All donations are due by Monday, November 17.
You can use this donation letter
(Word document) to solicit a business (or keep for yourself if you own a local business!), which includes our tax id number. Please print a few out and take them to your child’s dance or karate teacher or to a local favorite restaurant and see if they’d be willing to donate something for the KGA Fall Festival.
Thank you so much for your continued support of KGA and PTO!
Do you own a small business, provide a service or create things?
Consider a donation of goods or services or a gift certificate.
- handmade items
- medical professionals-gift certicificates for services
- massages, facials, etc.
- bakers, crafters, artists–gift certificates for classes, specialty items, services
- photography services
- pet-related (pet-sitting, dog walking, etc.)
Do you have a favorite local business?
Ask them if they will donate goods or services.
- entertainment (movie theater, bounce place, museum, etc.)
- retail store (clothing, toys, books, shoes, electronics, etc.)
- groceries, coffee shops, dessert place
- after school activities (dance, karate, art, music, sports, etc.)
- does your company offer any kind of baskets for these events?
Are you affiliated with a local sports team, entertainment venue, concert promoter, hotel, golf course or airline?
Would they be willing to donate tickets, gift certificates or signed memorabilia?
- tickets to a sporting event, concert, youth production, comedy show, etc.
- signed sports memorabilia
- hotel stay
- round of golf
- airline vouchers
Can you offer any other unique item?
- Weekend or week-long stay at a vacation home you own?
- Something else?